Friday, December 5, 2008

Auld Lang Syne

2008 - Good year or bad year?

I heard this "survey" on the radio this morning from some DJs that are not always my favorite, but sometimes they get it right. The radio callers listed their reasons for having a good or bad year, and I noticed that there were a lot more bads than goods, which was comforting for some reason. (Why does misery love company, I wonder?)

Anyway, I thought this was a great question, and I one I have never seriously considered in any year of my life. Maybe it is resonating for me this year because I can definitely answer NO.

It has not been a great year. There have been moments of being kicked while I was down. If I gave my list over the radio, it would probably sound made-up, hyperbolized for entertainment value. But no, lots of bad things have happened this year. The worst is this feeling of being lost and bewildered. I am not sure when it started, but I can't seem to clear the fog from my head so I can figure out where I am going.

I am not actually going to make my list. It is not necessary. But I do know that the prospect of a clean slate in 2009 is inspiring hope. I am anticipated the change of the calendar. Things have got to get better.

No comments: